Sometimes, you may need to play youtube videos in the background. So, here is how to do this on Android and iPhone. Many third-party apps are available to do this. But, you don’t need to install any app on your smartphone. Because you can do this without any app. The official YouTube app doesn’t allow to play the video in the background and with screen off. Recently, I also wrote about how to play YouTube Videos with screen off on Android and iPhone.
There are a lot of reasons to play the YouTube videos in the background.
- You may want to listen to your favorite music while surfing the internet and while playing the games on your smartphone.
- Want to listen the only audio in the background.
- You want to play the video with the screen off to listen to the music from YouTube.
It doesn’t matter which reason you have to play the video in the background. Sometimes it is useful to do this. Because, nowadays, everyone is streaming the music from YouTube and most of the users need to play the only music in the background. So, here is how to do this on Android and iOS devices. You don’t need to install any other third-party app. You can do this with the inbuilt browser on your smartphone.
How To Play YouTube Videos In Background On Android
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Android smartphone and open YouTube by typing the www.youtube.com in the URL. You will see the mobile version of the YouTube.
2. Search and play any video (Music video). To Play that video in the background you need to open the desktop version of the YouTube.
3. Open the desktop version of the YouTube by a tap on the “three dots” from the top right of the corner of the screen. After that, tap on the “Request desktop site” option. Now the desktop version of the YouTube will be opened. Play the video.
4. After playing the video from the desktop version, minimize the Chrome browser by a tap on the home button. After that, swipe from the top of the screen and you will see the play icon. Tap on the play icon to play the video in the background.
Now you can enjoy only audio of that video in the background. You can also use your smartphone for another task. If you want to lock the screen of your smartphone, then you can also do this. The video will be played in the background.
How To Play YouTube Videos In Background On iPhone/iPad
Like an Android phone, you can also do this on iPhone/iPad. Below are the steps.
1. Open a Safari browser (inbuilt browser in iOS) and open www.youtube.com.
2. After that, search and play any video that you want to play in the background.
3. Press the home button to minimize the browser (the video will be stopped).
4. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and you will see the play icon to play the video. Tap on the play icon and the video will be played in the background.
Like an Android phone, you can lock the screen to play the video (only audio) with screen off. You can also use your iPhone for another task while the video is being played in the background.
So, guys, these are the two methods for Android and iPhone to play YouTube videos in Background. This is the best and easy way to listen to the music from YouTube. You don’t need any other app. So, if you want to listen to the music from YouTube or play the only audio from the YouTube video, then you can try this method.