Play YouTube Videos With Screen Off: Want to play the YouTube videos with the screen off in the background, then you are at right page. Here is how to play YouTube videos while the screen is off. Sometimes you may need to listen to your favorite music video (Only audio) again and again. YouTube app doesn’t allow to play the only audio in the background while the screen is off. When you press the lock screen button, the video will be paused. So, you need to download and install third-party apps. But, you can also do this on official YouTube website in a browser. You can do this on both Android and iPhone.
There are so many apps available to listen YouTube video with screen off. However, Chrome, Firefox browser also allows us to do this. The browser method works on both Android and iPhone. But, the apps give the other feature like you can play Youtube videos on repeat.
So many reasons are to play the YouTube video in the background on your smartphone.
- You want to listen to your favorite music track on YouTube and you don’t want to watch the video.
- The Audio track of your favorite music video is not on your phone and you want to listen to that music from Youtube.
- Your smartphone’s battery is low and you want to play music from YouTube.
Play YouTube Videos With Screen Off On Android
To do this on your Android smartphone, Either you can use Chrome browser or a third-party app. Below are the steps for both methods.
Method1: Using Chrome Browser (Default browser on Android)
- Open Chrome browser on your Android smartphone and open www.youtube.com. It redirects to the mobile version of the Youtube.
- Search for the video that you want to be played in the background.
- After that, Open desktop version of the Youtube by a tap on the ‘three vertical dots’ from the top right of the screen and tap on the “Request Desktop site” option. Play the video.
- Tap on the home button and minimize the chrome browser. After that, swipe from the top of the screen and tap on the play icon.
- Now you the video will be played in the background. Press the lock screen button or use other apps.
Method 2: Using Third-Party app (LisenOnRepeat)
First of all, you need to install “ListenOnRepeat” app from Google play store. Below is the link to install this app from Play store.
After installing this app. Open ‘ListenOnRepeat’ app and search for the video and play the video. Press the lock screen button to play the video in the background. Also, this app plays the YouTube video in the loop. You don’t need to replay the video again and again.
This app provides the foreground popup player, So you can also use another app while the video is being played in the background on your smartphone.
Features of ListenOnRepeat
- Provides Foreground Popup Player to play videos while you are using other apps.
- Play YouTube Videos while the screen is off.
- Repeat or Play the video in a loop.
- Provides the list of recently played videos.
Play YouTube Videos With Screen Off On iPhone
Like an Android phone, the above two methods also work on iPhone or iPad.
Method 1: Using Third-Party app (YouRepeat)
On iPhone, you need to install ‘YouRepeat’ app by JUPITECH PTY. LTD. Open App Store on your iPhone and search for the YouRepeat app and install this app on your iPhone.
This app is also allows to repeat the video. You don’t need to replay the video over and over again. So, you can enjoy your favorite music video with this app.
Features Of YouRepeat IOS App
- Play Youtube video while the screen is off.
- Repeat the video.
- Watch a video on full screen.
- Provides the recent videos played list.
Method 2: Using Safari Browser (Default browser on iPhone)
- Open YouTube from safari browser and search for the video and play the video.
- After that, tap on the share button and swipe the lower menu to the right and tap on the Request desktop site option. Play the video on a desktop version of the YouTube. (Here is the complete guide on How to open desktop site on IOS 9 and 8)
- Now tap on the home screen button to minimize the browser. After that, swipe up from the bottom and you will see the play icon. Tap on this play icon to play the video in the background.
- Press the lock screen button and the video will be played while the screen is off.
This is the guide on how to play YouTube videos with screen off. However, you can do this with default browsers and you don’t need to install any app. Also, you can loop YouTube videos with browsers by opening the Desktop version of YouTube. But, third-party apps also give some other cool features.