Nowadays, privacy is the most important for everyone. Everyone uses social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and now Whatsapp messenger is the most popular messenger in the world. So many people upload their pictures on Facebook, Twitter, and Whatsapp also. So, you need to hide your photos from unknown peoples. Here is How to Hide Whatsapp status. You can hide text and photo status in Whatsapp. This is necessary because of privacy.
Earlier, you could only share Text status in Whatsapp. But, now Whatsapp introduced a new feature in which you can share your pictures in Whatsapp Status. That’s why Whatsapp also introduced new privacy features for its users. Because everyone shares their personal pictures in Whatsapp status. So, you can also hide your status photos from specific contacts.
You need to hide your status photos from unknown people. You can Still set Text status in Whatsapp. Here is How To Set And Change Whatsapp Text Status.
Why Should You Need To Hide Status In Whatsapp (Status Photos)?
There are many reasons to hide Status in Whatsapp. Because nobody wants to share their pictures with everyone. If you want to share your Status Photos only with family members then you can do this with new privacy options.
- You don’t want to share status with everyone.
- You want to share status only with your contacts.
- You want to share status only with family members.
- You want to share status only with one person.
So, with new privacy features, you have better control on status sharing. This is a very useful feature by Whatsapp.
How To Hide Whatsapp Status?
Now there are many options to hide status in Whatsapp. You need to set the privacy of status according to your requirement. So, below are the option.
- My Contacts
- My Contacts except.
- Only share with.
With these options, you can do
- Hide Status from unknown people and Share Whatsapp Status only with your contact list.
- Hide Status from specific contacts.
- Share Status with specific contacts.
- Hide Status from all.
1. Hide Whatsapp Status from unknown people and share with only your contact list
You can share your status only with your contact list. Your status will only visible to those people whose mobile number is saved on your smartphone.
- To Share Status only with your contacts, Open Whatsapp and Go to > Settings > Account > Privacy > Status > Choose My contacts option.
2. Hide Whatsapp Status From specific Contacts
This is a new privacy feature by Whatsapp. Now you can hide your status from some bad friends. Also, if you have some redundant contacts in your smartphone, then you can use this option. Because everyone has saved some mobile numbers of those people which are not their friend (i.e Shops contacts, Customer Contacts etc.).
- To Hide Status From Specific Contacts, Open Whatsapp and Go to > Settings > Account > Privacy > Status > Choose My Contacts except and choose contacts from the contact list.
3. Share Whatsapp Status only with Specific Contacts
This is the most useful feature for those who want to share their status only with some friends. If you want to share status only with family members, some friends, girlfriend, and boyfriend then this is a most useful feature for you.
- To Share Whatsapp status only with specific contacts Open Whatsapp and Go to > Settings > Account > Privacy > Status > Choose Only share with and choose contacts from the contact list.
4. Hide Whatsapp Status From All
If you want to hide Whatsapp status from all then you can also do this. Sometimes, you want to hide your status for a particular time. So, you can also hide status from all contacts.
- To Hide Whatsapp Status From All contacts, Open Whatsapp and Go to > Settings > Account > Privacy > Status > Choose Only share with and Don’t choose any contacts from the contact list. Tap on the OK icon.
How To Hide Whatsapp Text Status?
You can also hide Whatsapp text status. Now the Whatsapp text status is called “About”. So, you need to hide “About” from privacy options. Like photo status privacy option, you cannot share or hide text status from specific contacts. You can share status with all contacts or either hide from all contacts.
- To Hide Whatsapp text status, Open Whatsapp and Go to > Settings > Account > Privacy > About > Choose option.
So, guys, this is how to hide Whatsapp status. Also, you can share your status with specific contacts or hide the status from specific contacts. These new privacy features are more useful and you have better control on your status privacy.