Now you can pin folder to taskbar in windows 10. Windows 10 has many advanced features than Windows 8 and 8.1. In Windows 8 you can’t pin any folder to the taskbar. But in Windows 10 you can pin any folder on taskbar without any software/tool. You may need to pin folder to the taskbar for quick access or pin that folder which you want to open again and again. Here’s a trick to Pin Folder To Taskbar In Windows 10.
In Windows 10, there is no direct option to pin any folder on the taskbar. Because when you right click on any folder, there is no option to do this. Also in the start menu, when you right-click on any program or application there is an option for a pin to taskbar, But if you right click on a folder from start menu then there is no option for the pin to taskbar. So, there are two steps to pin folder to taskbar in windows 10.
Advantages of Pin folder on the taskbar:
- Quick access (Access folder with one click).
- Save time (You don’t need to open a folder from any drive).
Read Also:Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts That You Should Know
How To Pin Folder To Taskbar In Windows 10:
- Firstly, Create a shortcut of the folder that you want to pin on the taskbar (Right click on Folder and click on create shortcut).
- Right click Shortcut, Click on Pin to Start Menu.
- Open Start menu, right click on the folder that you pinned and click on Pin to Taskbar.
- After doing this Unpin your folder from the start menu (Right click on the folder’s shortcut and click on Unpin from start) and also delete the shortcut of the folder that you pin on the start menu.
Read Also:How To Remove Shortcut Arrows In Windows 10 Without Software
Now your folder is pinned to the taskbar. You can quick access that folder any time by click the icon of that folder. In Windows 8/8.1, You need a tool/ Software to do this. But in Windows 10 you can do this without any tool. Windows 10 has also many more features than Windows 8.
Windows 10 has options to pin softwares icon or apps icons to the taskbar. But, with this method you can pin any folder to taskbar. So, It saves your time. You don’t need to open folder from my computer.