Want to recall the email in Gmail? Here is the complete guide on how to delete a sent email. No doubt, Gmail provides more features than other email service providers. Also, nowadays, most of the people use Android phones and that’s why people are using Gmail, rather than other email services. Early the Google added a new feature in Gmail, in which you can undo the sent email.
If you sent an email by mistake or wrongly, you can cancel it after sending. Gmail gives you up to 30 seconds to recall your email. However, you can unsend or recall a send email only from the desktop. Because this feature is not available on Gmail mobile app. But, you can use this feature from the mobile browser by opening desktop site.
Why Do You need to recall an email in Gmail?
- If you forgot to insert attachments in the Email, and send an email by mistake.
- You send a wrong email, and you want to recall it.
How To Recall an Email in Gmail On Desktop
First of all, you should Enable and set the time of the Undo button in your Gmail account. In the new version of desktop Gmail, There is no option to disable or enable the Undo button. It is enabled by default. But, you can set the time limit for Undo Button.
1. Steps to Enable and Set The Time Of Undo Button in Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account (using web Desktop version, not using mobile version) and click on the Gear icon in the top right on the screen. Select Settings from the drop-down menu. [ Gear icon > Settings ].
- Now in the General Options tab and find Undo Send option. Enable the “Undo Send” option and select your Send cancellation period time ( 5,10,20,30 Seconds). [ General > Undo Send ]
- Scroll down and Save Changes.
You have maximum 30 seconds to undo an email.
2. How to Undo or Recall a Sent Email
- Compose new Email And Send this Email.
- After sending the Email a message appears on the top of the screen “Your message has been sent. Undo. View Message.”.
- Click on Undo to cancel this Email.
- “Sending has been undone.” message appears.
If you close the message, it goes to Draft folder. It’s your choice deletes it or keep it. If You have any doubt, please comment.
Read Also: Google Links That You Must Know
How To Recall an Email in Gmail On Mobile Phone
Unfortunately, there is no option in Gmail app to do this. Because this option is available only for the desktop version of the Gmail. However, you can open Desktop Gmail from the mobile browser. Below are the steps.
- Open Chrome browser from your smartphone, Tap on the three vertical dots from the top right of the screen and enable “Desktop site” option.
- Open Gmail.com or mail.google.com. Log in to your Gmail account.
Note: You must enable Desktop site option first and then open gmail.com link. Otherwise, Desktop Gmail will not open.
- Now, you will see the Desktop version of the Gmail. Tap on the gear icon from the top right of the screen, and open “Settings”. (If Gmail shows the basic HTML version of the Gmail. You need to open its standard version because undo option is not available in the basic HTML version of the Gmail. Scroll down, and tap on the “Standard” option.)
- From the General tab, Enable Undo Send option and set the time.
- After that, scroll down and tap on the save changes option.
- Now Compose a new email, and send it. After sending, you will see the undo option. Tap on this undo option to recall the sent email.
So, guys, this is the guide on how to unsend a sent email in Gmail. You can easily recall the sent email. However, this option is not available in Gmail Mobile app. But, you can easily use this feature on your mobile. The steps are same on both PC and Mobile phone. You just need to open a Desktop site from the smartphone.