In Android Lollipop and above version of Android, Google provides a search bar in a home screen of Android. In some phones like Samsung, LG and Sony you are able to remove Google search bar. But in some phones like Motorola, you can’t remove the Google search bar. When you tap on the Google search bar it shows the recent search history. Read this post to know How To Clear Google Search Bar History In Android.
Google Now is useful but it when you tap on the search bar then it shows your recent search history. So, if you don’t want to see that search queries in the search bar then you need to delete it.
So, there are two options to clear Google search history on your Android smartphone.
- Clear Google Search History In Bulk (Clear All Search History At once).
- Clear Google Search History One By One.
You can also disable the search history. When you disable search history, the search history will not be displayed in the future. The search history will disable in both Google search bar and in Chrome browser.
Read Also: How To Update Google Play Store In Android Phone
How To Clear Google Search Bar History In Bulk On Android:
To clear search history from Google search bar in bulk:
- Open myactivity.google.com in Chrome browser and sign in with the same account that is used on your Android phone.
- Tap on Menu from a Top Left of the screen. (Three horizontal lines).
- After that, Tap on the “Delete Activity by” option.
- Select All times from Date and Select All Products. After that, tap on Delete to delete all search history.
- After that, Tap on OK button and Tap on Delete option.
How To Clear Google Search Bar History One By One On Android Phone:
You can also clear individual search history from your Android phone. It is extremely easy to delete individual search items.
- Tap on Google Search Bar or open Google Now (Tap on the search bar in Google Now) and you will see recent search history.
- After that long press on any recent search item to delete it.
- A popup will be showing to delete search query. Tap on Delete to delete that search query.
How To Disable Google Search Bar History In Android:
- Open myactivity.google.com in Chrome browser and sign in with the same account that is used in your Android phone.
- Tap on Menu. (Three horizontal lines on the top left of the screen).
- After that, Tap on the Activity Controls.
- Turn Off “Web & App Activity” to disable search history in future.
Read Also: Hidden Features Of Android Lollipop
After turned off search history, the search history won’t be shown in the search bar or in a browser. You are also able to download the search history. Choose Download Searches after a tap on three dots.
So, this is the simple guide to clear Google Search bar history in Android phone. You can also Disable search history from myactivity.google.com. My activity is a link provided by Google. Here are Top 10 Best Useful Google Links That You Should Know. Share this post if you found the information in this post is useful.